Friday, January 16, 2009

today

Today was productive. Cold and really sunny- if you don't go out there you won't realize how freezing it really is. I am not sharing the entire collection of custom canvases until it's finished - so none of it is on the site. But I have to say so far I'm very proud of the way it looks. Half of it is extremely feminine and fashion driven, and the other half is perfectly retro modern. Really fun. Today I worked on one of those pieces. I got up way before the sun came up and got my hazelnut ready, listened to the voice of ernie halter and got to work.
What I have now is something perfect to go in the room of a fun loving couple someday. Two custom canvases that read "schlemiel, schelmazel", yes like the beginning of the show...
The best definition I have found yet to describe the words: A schlemiel is the person who walks to the top of the ladder with a bucket of paint, the schlemazel is the person who gets the paint dropped on him.
I think it would be so cute over the bed of modern newlyweds!
oh- see you Monday for a contest! whoo! :)

7 comments:

Karen said...

I want to be a schmazel.

Anonymous said...

I like this post!Your a greate girl!!

kadler said...

Haha, I remember my Jewish grandma always using this word and having no idea what it meant. Thanks for the info!

Blair Friedeman said...

These are so great! Love the colors and your definition.

lauh-ren said...

i want this for when i get married in a year!

drollgirl said...

fantastic! and you are funny!

Jenny Sue Jewelry said...

ha! that is great!